This new Preliminary Technical Guideline series covers:
- Section One - Introduction (PDF, 2.79 MB) - The biophysical functioning of dunes, the importance of dune vegetation, and the value of transitioning exotic duneland buffers to native coastal forest;
- Section Two - Planting Natives in Coastal Pine Buffers (PDF, 2.62 MB) - Results from field planting trials exploring plant survival on open dunes, in gaps within pine buffers and under pine buffer canopy;
- Section Three - Role of Natural Regeneration in Transitioning Coastal Exotic Buffers to Native Forest (PDF, 3.6 MB) - Results from surveys of coastal forest remnants, past plantings and natural regeneration within pine buffers;
- Section Four - Climate Change (PDF, 3.91 MB) - How climate change will affect current forest transitioning planning and future management; and
- Section Five - Summary (PDF, 8.55 MB) - Of the outcomes from the Coastal Buffers project.
You can find out more about the whole project here.
Posted on: 3 August 2022