Today the O Tātou Ngāhere ‒ Our Forest campaign launch has been marked with the premiere of an inspirational documentary set on Cassie’s Farm in the Waikato featuring many of the trustees of Tāne’s Tree Trust.
Along with the documentary, a suite of research-backed contributions from a diverse and talented mix of people with a wealth of experience and knowledge around native trees has been launched which you can see for yourself online now.
The next phase of the campaign involves a series of webisodes ‒ short on-line panel discussions on key themes which have stood out in the written contributions. Hosted by journalist and broadcaster Vincent Heeringa, the webisodes are freely delivered over Zoom and on Facebook. They will be held weekly on Tuesdays at 6:30pm, you can Register Here for Webisodes and the records can be found on the links below.
- Webisode #1 - Apr 13: The Pure Advantages of Native Forests: why our forests matter so much for us and for the world
- Webisode #2 - Apr 20: The Native Forest Opportunity: finding land for new native forests
- Webisode #3 - Apr 27: How to Grow a Forest: creating new native forests through transitioning, planting and regenerating, and sustainable forest management
- Webisode #4 - May 4: The Many Benefits of Native Forests: recognising and valuing the non-timber values of native forests
- Webisode #5 - May 11: The Carbon Sink: the role of native forests in meeting our net-zero emissions target
- Webisode #6 - May 18: Making it Happen: the policies and incentives needed to stimulate and maintain an increase in the area of native forests in perpetuity
- Webisode #7 - May 25: Envisioning the Future: the place of New Zealand’s native forests in 2050 and 2500
Thanks for your interest in Tāne’s Tree Trust and O Tātou Ngāhere. Enjoy the informative content over the coming weeks, please share this email with friends and family.
Chairperson, Tāne’s Tree Trust
Posted on: 25 March 2021