Close-to-nature continuous cover forestry project
Tāne’s Tree Trust has partnered with The Connective, Nga Pou a Tane and Scion, on a collaborative project examining business models for CCF in Aotearoa, NZ. This one year project is co funded by Te Uru Rākau, New Zealand Forest Service, and started mid 2023.
The project will:
- Identify and engage NZ-based stakeholders to understand experiences, needs, challenges and aspirations
- Identify and analyse research on international business cases, plus enabling markets and policy relevant to the NZ-context
- Develop high-level business CCF cases for NZ – including CCF with exotic, native, and mixed species forests
- Produce a summary report outlining key findings and recommendations, plus a high-level plan to implement trials
This project is expected to help guide policy-makers and target future research work on the topic.
WATCH THE ONLINE CCF WORKSHOPS!
A series of six online wananga (workshops) were held in August and September, each 90 minutes long. These confirmed not just significant interest in the topic of CCF in NZ, but also attracted international speakers and participants. They have also helped create a valuable network of stakeholders.
Recordings of the online workshop sessions can be viewed from the project website: https://www.continuouscoverforestry.com/
TTT Contacts for this project
- Paul Quinlan, Trustee, Tāne’s Tree Trust
Posted on: 2 November 2023